Updated: Nov 20
Join the club if you've ever thought Pinterest as the go-to spot for crafting enthusiasts, recipe seekers, and fashion trend hunters – but wait, there's more! Beyond its well-known DIY haven, Pinterest has quietly transformed into a powerhouse for bloggers across every imaginable industry. The numbers speak volumes – in October 2023, Pinterest boasted a staggering 482 million monthly active users, according to their Investor Relations Report. So, if you're still thinking pins are just for crafts and recipes, it's time to flip the script and discover the untapped potential Pinterest holds for bloggers in every niche.
Pinterest is a visual search engine that attracts users seeking inspiration, solutions, and fresh ideas. By strategically using Pinterest, you can tap into a vast audience and drive traffic back to your blog. Here's how:
1. Create Pinnable Blog Graphics: Start by designing eye-catching, vertical images for your blog posts. Use vibrant visuals, readable fonts, and include your blog title or key message. Aim for an aspect ratio of 2:3 or 1:2.1 to maximize visibility on Pinterest. Easily create these graphics using Canva. Search "Pinterest Pin" for template ideas! Add this graphic to the bottom of your blog post.
2. Optimize Pin Descriptions: Craft compelling and keyword-rich pin descriptions. Use relevant keywords that align with your blog content to increase the discoverability of your pins. Think about what your target audience might be searching for on Pinterest.
3. Join Relevant Group Boards: Engage with the Pinterest community by joining group boards related to your blog niche. This widens the reach of your pins as they get shared with a broader audience.
Pinterest stands out as a leader in driving sustained traffic compared to other social networks. Unlike platforms with more transient content, the lifespan of a pin on Pinterest is notably longer, thanks to its emphasis on evergreen content and search functionality. The average life of a pin is three months, exceeding the Facebook average of 5-6 hours and the Twitter average of 15-20 minutes. Pinterest's unique approach allows pins to resurface and gain traction over time. With a focus on discovery and engagement, Pinterest has become a go-to platform for content creators and marketers looking to maintain a lasting impact and maximize the longevity of their content, making it a formidable force in the realm of driving consistent and enduring traffic.
How to integrate a Pinterest "Save" button with your Wix Blog:
1. In the Wix Editor, go to your "Blog Post" page.
2. Click on the Blog post element to open up "Settings".
3. Under the "Display" tab, click "Share & Print".
4. Toggle on the "Pin It button on Images" setting. This activates the feature for your blog images, allowing users to easily "save" to Pinterest bu hovering over the image from a computer.
5. Save and publish your website.
By harnessing the visual power of Pinterest and the user-friendly features of Wix, you can significantly amplify your blog's reach. Implementing the Pinterest Save button on your Wix blog images is a simple yet effective way to encourage users to save and share your content on Pinterest. So, start pinning and watch your blog traffic soar to new heights!
Remember, the key to success is consistency. Regularly pinning your blog content on Pinterest and optimizing your images will ensure a steady flow of traffic and potential followers. Happy pinning!
hover over image to save to Pinterest!